Saturday 21 February 2009

Flip the page


So the past week or so have been semi-interesting on a couple of different levels. First off, I have been dealing with a sore throat for about 2 weeks now, and after battling long and hard, have now succumbed to defeat versus the all-mighty common cold. Now I can live with a cold, but the one thing that I find continuously annoying is that no matter how hard you try to sleep at night, you just CAN'T. It's like that cold employs a specific germ to push the cough button every time you close your eyes and start nodding off.

Now normally in this case, when talking with people I would ask "do you want the good news first or the bad?", but seeing as how I am president, vice president, speaker of the house, and pretty much anybody else with a vote I will give the bad news first. As of this point in time the chances of me being in Dublin for St. Patrick's Day are slim to none, thanks to the wisdom of Retail Management in making sure that study abroad students are not able to sign up for tutorial sections until pretty much everyone else has, thus leaving them with the least desirable time slots. That means that on March 17th at 9am, instead of arriving in Dublin for a day of celebrating Irish heritage, I will instead be in the Colville building on the 7th floor turning in a paper and giving a presentation on the electronics sector and how my specific company (to which I still don't even know what companies exist) are dealing with the current credit crunch and what my recommendations for them are. If anyone has any ideas or wants to plan a way for me to get to Dublin after this is done for relatively cheap, PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

Now for the good news, I have recently started playing some pick-up basketball at the gym on the weekends (see Mom I knew I needed to bring my Kobe's), and am now also going to begin training with the university's football team. Having not touched a football in over a month now, I am looking to get my legs back underneath and am grateful for the fact that I will begin training with the 3rd team (and then hopefully moving up). While one might have expected a longer paragraph for the good news, I find that it is always easier to vent and write about the bad news than try to find creative and loquacious ways to write good news.

Oh, and I have introduced some of my friends over here to lexulous and lets just say that at this point in time the word creation genes still reside on the correct side of the Atlantic.

No comments:

Post a Comment